How to fundraise for the Cure for MND Foundation
Thank you for offering to help the Cure for MND Foundation fight MND by becoming one of our community fundraisers. We know sometimes it’s difficult to know where to start in organising your fundraising activity, so our fundraising checklist aims to help point you in the right direction.
You can also contact our fundraising coordinator Anna at email@example.com or via phone at 1800 CUREMND
Before You Start:
- Read our Fundraising Guidelines [PDF 337KB] thoroughly.
- Develop your fundraising idea & set a fundraising goal. Our “A-Z guide” may help you come up with ideas.
- Consider the expenses associated with your activity and how to minimise them. Download our Expense & Income Tracker [XLS 13KB] to help you keep track.
- Work through your budget thoroughly and as a minimum aim to raise $2 or more for every $1 you spend on expenses.
- Consider safety and/or legal issues that you may need to address (depending our the activity you may require a permit or licence).
- Lodge a application to us online to Register Your Fundraising Activity.
- Wait to hear from one of our team who will issue you with an Authority To Fundraise. You will need this before you start fundraising.
- Request donation tins and receipt books if required.
Start Your Fundraising:
- Develop your fundraising plan
- What are the tasks involved?
- How will you promote your activity?
- Who can help you?
- Assign tasks and begin implementing your plan
- If required, set-up your Online Fundraising Page to share and help collect donations
- If you plan to use the Cure for MND logo, make sure to contact us to seek approval for your artwork, website, media releases, or promotional materials for your event
- Promote your event
- Email – let all your friends, family, and colleagues know about your activity. We have some Suggested Email Templates you may like to use
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all great tools for sharing your event/activity with others.
- Media – contact your local newspaper, radio, or TV stations and see if they’ll help promote your event
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to support, volunteer and help out, or donate to your event/activity.
- Manage your donations – see our Managing Donations page for advice
After Your Event is Complete:
- Within 14 days provide the Cure for MND Foundation with the money you raised. Details can be found on our Managing Donations Page
- Transfer the funds to our bank account
- Send a cheque – please make sure the cheque is made out to “Cure for MND Foundation”
- Make a credit card donation for the sum amount over the phone – call us on 1800 CUREMND
- Send through your receipt book and any unused receipts
- Thank your supporters, volunteers, and donors
- Celebrate your success!
Without You… We Won’t Find A Cure
How You Can Help
We need your help to spread awareness and help us fundraise for vital MND research, drug development, and clinical trials. This may come in the form of simply volunteering and helping us at one of our many upcoming events, or perhaps you want to create your own event, enter a marathon, host a gala ball, have a club trivia night, host a golf or sporting day……. The list is endless. We want to help you create these events & moments that you will proudly cherish – all with the aim of raising funds to aid in researching MND.
To help, you can choose to have your own online Fundraising page dedicated to your event, where you can gather support and donations, set-up an online auction, or sell tickets to your event! The page is also useful for sharing your event with your family, friends, and colleagues as it’s easily spread through social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
To get you started, you may like to look at our frequently asked questions page.
Get in contact with us if you’d like to join one of our campaigns or if you’d like to start your own. No idea is too large, too small or too silly. If you would like to volunteer and help us with any of our upcoming campaigns, you can do that too!
What Do I do to Get Started?
Please read our Fundraising Guidelines and the register your fundraising event by clicking here. Once complete, one of our Cure for MND team will be in contact to see how we can help make your event a success. Following registration, the easiest way to get going on your fundraising initiative is to set up your online fundraising page through one of our online platforms. Through this site you can upload images, write your story, and share your activity with the world to help you reach your goal.
Please review our fundraising guidelines before you begin. Click here to download
Email templates to help your fundraising
Simple emails to super charge your fundraising efforts.
- Ask someone for a donation today
You will be surprised at how incredibly geneorus your family, friends, and colleagues can be when you ask for their support and a donation towards your event. Use this simple email template as a guide to help you start asking for donations today!
- Start a Team
Many hands make light work, and fundraising events are always more fun with friends. Use this email template to help encourage your family and friends to join you in your fundraising endeavours.
- Ask a local business for a donation
Your local businness can play an important role in helping you achieve success in your fundraising event. Whether ist by donating products or services for auction/raffle prizes or by making a donation, use this email template to help guide your ask to local businesses in your area.
Promote your event through social media
Use these tools to help spread the word about your event.
Facebook Profile → set your Facebook profile photo to one of these graphics to help showcase your support for the Cure for MND Foundation. This also helps promote your fundraising event.
Facebook Covers → set your Facebook cover/banner to this graphic to help promote your fundraising event.
Proudly Supporting Cure for MND Logo → after you have registered you event and it has been approved by the foundation, use the Proudly Supporting Cure for MND logo to show legitimacy and professionalism to your event. Please ensure that you have read our fundraising guidelines and that all materials using the Proudly Supporting Cure for MND logo are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval prior to printing or distribution.
If you have any enquiries feel free to contact our Fundraising Coordinator Anna at email@example.com or fill out the contact form below
Have a fundraising enquiry? Get in touch today
Upcoming Cure for MND Events...
Without you MND will keep on killing…. Click to donate today